In Les than two year’s time (on May 27, 2020, ) the new coin reward for mining Bitcoin blocks will drop from 12.5 Bitcoin to 6.25 Bitcoin — and we are trying to predict how could change Bitcoin price.
Bitcoin Halving History
This section will take a look at the previous two halvings.
The 2012 block halving was the first halving. It was mined by SlushPool by someone using a Radeon HD 5800 miner.
- New BTC Per Block Before: 50 BTC per block
- New BTC Per Block After: 25 BTC per block
- Price on Halving Day: $12.35
- Price 150 Days Later: $127.00
The 2016 was the second one ever.
- New BTC Per Block Before: 25 BTC per block
- New BTC Per Block After: 12.5 BTC per block
- Price on Halving Day: $650.63
- Price 150 Days Later: $758.81
2020 Halving, Current Bitcoin Block Subsidy
The current Bitcoin block subsidy is 12.5 bitcoins per block. When all 630,000 block is hit (in 2020 May), the subsidy will drop to 6.25 bitcoins (BTC) per block.